Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mercury Friendship 7 Launch Crew Gold Pin 1 of 20


This is a Mercury Friendship 7 10k gold pin made by LGB, just for the launch crew of John Glenn's 1st US orbital mission. The pin measures 1" along the orbit path, it comes in the original box and it's in perfect condition.


The gentleman who I purchased this from, helped design and build the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Lunar Module and Space Shuttle life support and cryo systems. I have photos of him in front of Alan Shepards Freedom 7 spacecraft after it was ready for shipping to the Cape, along with other photos of him helping during tests and on launch days during the Mercury program.

1 comment:

Stephanie W said...

I'm so glad to see this! I have one of these, my Grandfather was a fueling technician on the manned missions. Do you have any idea how many of these were awarded to the ground crew?