Monday, July 21, 2008

My 50th Birthday Cake


My wonderful wife Elyn and my incredible sister Desiree, threw me a surprise 50th birthday party at one of my favorite restaurants, the Hobbit.
10 of us got to sit in the wine cellar where you can get loud, unlike the rest of the place where you need to keep it down.
After dinner, they brought out this amazing cake that my wife had made for me. She drove all over LA to pickup the Apollo CSM & LM with the astronauts. When the cake maker asked if she wanted to put a space shuttle on the moon with 6 astronauts that came in the package, she said, "the space shuttle never went to the moon, there were never more than 2 men on the moon at one time and if this cake isn't historically correct, I'll never hear the end of it". The only mistake on the entire cake is that both astronauts have red stripes on their EVA suits, but regardless, it's the best cake I've ever had.

No comments: